Our first event in 2012 was also our first ever purely social event with no speakers, performances or videos – just an opportunity for the TEDxMelbourne community to get together.
The evening proved to be an inspiring way to ‘leap’ into the year, with attendees enjoying the view from The Deck at Mercantile Place as they shared their big ideas worth spreading.
One lucky TEDx-er won two tickets to our main TEDxMelbourne event in August, we shot some footage of attendees explaining what TEDx means to them, our curator thanked everyone for being so awesome and we handed out conversation starters to help everyone get to know each other, including questions like:
- If you could be or do anything tomorrow, what would it be?
- What’s a place you think everyone should go to at least once in their lives?
- What keeps you up at night?
- What do you think defines a great TEDTalk?
- What did you want to be when you were 12, 18 and 30? And why?
- How would your friends describe you in three words?
- What do you believe in?
- When was the last time your point of view was challenged?
- What’s the one thing that always makes you smile without fail?